Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

First post

I created this blog so I can write about scootertuning, new scooter (tuning) parts, races/sprints and meet & greets and everything else that is related to the scootertuning scene.

Maybe a little introduction first...


I am 25 years old (young) and I live in The Netherlands. My interest for scooters came when I turned 16 years old (the legal age that you are allowed to drive a 50cc scooter here). That's when the scooter virus got me! The first time I heard a 2 stroke engine scream at 14000 rpm, smelled the burned oil and felt the power that those small engines produce, I was hooked!

From that point on I start to tune my own scooter, little by little it transformed to a full spec sprint scooter. With this scooter (Piaggio NRG, hence part of the nickname) I drove in the Dutch National Championship scooter sprints (SBO). I only did this for one year, after that it was sold because I had to finish my study.

Now that my I finished my study and started working I have more time (and money) to start with scooter tuning again.

Tuning these scooter engines is something I enjoy because the engines are simple, parts and upgrades are widely available, it's relatively cheap and I find it fun to work out theories, put them into practice and see the result of my efforts.

You can expect regular updates on new parts, how-to's, tips & tricks, reports of meetings/sprints/races accompanied with pictures and video-clips!

Happy scootering and stay tuned!

1 comment: